Sunday, September 24, 2006

Miss Carrie's Update

That's what my little 3-5 year old munchins call me. Either that or Teacher! For those of you I haven't had the pleasure of seeing recently, I've started at a brand new school in South Surrey, quite close to my house. Morgan Creek Montessori Academy and they wear uniforms - yuck! I hate that they don't have expression to wear what they want, but it's not my school. I am the main teacher and make pretty much all the decisions concerning what happens in the classroom and the kids, so that is REALLY nice. Just administrative stuff I don't do. It has been an incredibley overwhelming first few weeks. I didn't have enough set-up time so I have been trying to deal with set-up as well as getting the kids settled into the class with new routines, rules, and presentations like crazy so they know what to do in the classroom and are working at their level. Mostly focusing on behaviour right now so I don't have a class of hellions the whole year. Most of them are just amazing and so adorable! And for the most part my new boss is pretty good. A welcome change from my crazy boss of last year, which was just a totally draining experience.

I had an amazing summer to rejeuvenate and refocus on priorities. I just felt so messed up after the past year. Which probably explains why I hardly saw any of you last year. I had quite the family summer, visiting my niece in Calgary, relaxing in Whistler with Shane, vacation with Shane in Disneyland, San Diego, and family in Palm Springs, visiting Shane's family in the Okanagan, and a houseboat adventure with my family. I was able to fit in seeing many of you at Amanda & Nathan's wedding, Sam when she was home, and when I was in Calgary - thank you all for being there for me when you probably didn't even know how much I needed each of you! You are all amazing sisters and I am so thankful to know each and everyone of you! Here are some photos of my summer adventures. That's my niece who is now 1 year.

1 comment:

Natalie Mitchell said...

It must be so nice having more sisters around... I certainly miss it. Glad that you are all enjoying eachothers time and keeping in touch. I think there are a few girls kicking and screaming in Calgary, but where oh where are they?? (Hint, hint...) :)