My First Home!
I have moved!!!! I just bought my first home. I sold my condo and just finished moving. My new home is located in Coquitlam (suburb of Vancouver) and is in a gated community. It is 19 years old, but I just love it! It is a little bungalow, but it has lots of space and really good sized rooms. It is clearly more than I need, but I think it is a good investment. It was very old lady style when I moved in, but after a lot of paint and some modern updates I was able to make it resemble something that a younger person would like. It took some hard work... but with the help of family, freinds and a super handy and great boyfriend, it is really looking nice.
And although it was hard to give up my stainless steal appliances and Granite counter tops that I had in the condo. I realize that the value of the home is more important they the trendy decor. But I still miss my super tendy condo!!!
So... I am all settled in now and constantly thinking of new and expensive upgrades, I can do for my home. I have decided I am going to take in a renter to help cover the cost of my newly acquired expenses such as... New blinds, new hardware, new lighting, new appliances and new vanities. The list goes on... trust me! But I am able to see past all the yellow appliances, green toilets and the pink counter tops and one day this will be my dream home. In fact I have a feeling it will be my dream home right about the time I need to upgrade and get a larger home. (laugh) But that is life, and I am trying to make wise decisions about the house and only put money into it that I will get back one day when I am ready to sell.
The best part of the house is that I have the perfect place for a hot tub. I just need to save my pennies and buy one. *smile* (donations welcome) So, we will see. I am not going to get my hopes up for stuff like that until, I am done all the necessary updating that is my really priority and focus. You are all welcome to come over anytime and I love to have out of town guests, just let me know if you need a place to stay and I will be happy to have you come and spend a weekend.
I will be sending out an E-mail to all of you with my new addy soon, since I am not comfortable posting my address along with photos of my home. But I want to make sure you all have my most curent contact info so that you are all able to get in touch with me if you never need or want to. *Smile*
1 comment:
Looks amazing! I think that you will surely increase your equity once you sell if you keep going in the right direction. You clearly have a knack for it! Best of luck and remember that you also need to enjoy it BEFORE you sell it... something I am just starting to realize! Call me when the hot tub arrives!! Nat
Post a Comment