Hi ladies!! I finally decided to get my butt in gear and am putting forth my very first blog entry. My name is Shannon Perlstrom (previously Lipinski). I joined the sorority in 2003 and I was VP of Organisation the very next year. Erika was my big sister and Ashlyn is my little sister. My third year I was too busy to take on a little sister and there were not enough little sisters for everyone that year. I loved being apart of the sorority for those three years and have developed close friendships with several of the girls I met through the years. I appreciate the connections I have made with my sisters and hope that I will get a chance to create these connections with fellow alumnae sisters in the future. I finally tied the knot with my husband Carl on July 7, 2007 (the busiest wedding day in history). We have been together since I was 15 which will be 10 years in November. I can't believe how fast time goes by. It seems like we just got engaged not that long ago (which happened in Nicaragua on a sailing trip and we stopped for lunch on a beach....he dragged me out for a walk onto a rock bluff with the ocean all around us...it was an engagement girls dream of and I even have a picture).I have been in University for what seems like forever but I am finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and will be a certified teacher as of May 2009. I am sorry that I have been absent this year but my life got turned upside down on September 11, 2007. I had settled on the fact that I was not going to get into the education program this year but on that September day I got a call saying I got in but in Terrace. I hade 4 hours to decide whether or not I was going to move to Terrace for the next two years or try again next year. My husband and I decided that it would be the best in the long run for me to get my school done so I moved to Terrace the very next day and started classes the day after that. I was very nervous st
5 comments:
Hi Shannon,
It is great to know that you are enjoying your program so much. Moving to Terrace must have been such a hard decision to make in such a short period of time. But it is nice to know that you have an APB Alumnae Sister in the program with you. I love the pictures… your Wedding dress was beautiful. We will miss you at the Retreat this year… but can’t wait to see you at future Retreats. Thanks for the update and good luck with school.
~Suzy~
Hi Shannon!
Great to hear from you!
Congrats on the wedding, you looked beautiful!
What a blast that Mackenzie was up in Terrace too, what a relief to know someone in a new town!!
Thanks for doing the blog post! I've seen your facebook profile but it was good to fill in the details. Wow - I can't believe you just picked up and went to Terrace like that! I hope the program and life in Terrace has worked out for you. And yay! Just over a year until you finish school - well, not really as you're becoming a teacher. I teach Montessori preschool - and as any teacher probably tells you - you never stop learning. Any idea about grade you want to teach when you finish?
hey shanon!!!
wow I havent seen you in a while, it was really exciting to hear what you've been up to!!
congratulations on everything!!!
xoxo
Chiara
I love the picture of you and Mackenzie it is super cute! I'm glad that Terrace is going well!! The wedding pictures are beautiful!
Post a Comment