Monday, September 29, 2008

Update on Baby

Hey Guys, 

So no pictures or amazing news but I thought I would send you an update as to how I am doing and baby as the past week has been quite long and hard and I just need an outlet since I'm not really able to go anywhere.

Wednesday I woke up to some very unexpected bleeding and was taken into the hospital but after an examination they confirmed the bleeding had stopped and I was okay to go home.  They scheduled me for another ultrasound to check on the baby and make sure everything was okay so I was expected to return to the hospital the next morning.  

Unfortunately on Thursday I woke up and went to the bathroom to find that it had started again so Chris rushed me back to the hospital.  Thankfully, everyone remembered me from the day before so I didn't have to go through all the questions again.    After they completed the ultrasound and exam they could only tell me that the baby is fine and not in distress but they don't know what is causing the bleeding or where it is coming from.    I was admitted for observation with the goal of 24 hrs with no bleeding.    

As of this morning they released me and I am able to go home but under the observation of my husband and parents.  No strenuous activities - so preparing for the baby if completely Chris's job now along with cooking for and waiting on me.

We didn't completely make it 24 hrs without bleeding starting again but the doctor said he could tell I was getting more anxious being there and that possibly being home would help me to relax and overall be better for babe.

So our goal at this time is to obviously not have anymore bleeding - but to make it to 38 weeks as which point if the bleeding has persisted they will schedule a c-section.   If I an make it past 38 weeks without bleeding the doctor will let me continue on as long as the baby and I are doing okay.

Overall, as I said the baby is good.  At this time we are focusing on me and getting my iron back up as they are concerned since I lost quite a bit of blood and they want the levels up again in the event I do bleed again. 

I know we always focus on the good of pregnancies and most of us don't talk about the bad but I thought there are quite a few moms in our group and maybe some of you can relate to what we have been dealing with and provide some advice.  I have really been at the end of my emotional string the last day or two with fear of it starting all over again.

I would appreciate any suggestions of how to entertain and distract yourself during something like this as it is the only thing on my mind and being limited to bed doesn't make it easy to keep myself busy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I am not a mom, so I can't give you "mommy advice" I am giving you a huge huge long distance hug! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Kelsey said...

Hi Trish
*huge amazing rowdy cat hug*

My heart goes out to you and Chris. If you feel talking, call me at 360-447-7400 ( I will call you back, I have free long distance) and we can chat.

You will be in my prayers.
Love Kelsey

Natalie Mitchell said...

Hey Trish,

I once heard a quote that said "without struggle, there is no progress" and I always repeat it when thing get bleak. You will have a very strong-minded baby coming out of you... I know that everything will be okay. I am trying to think of what you can do to keep your mind busy... movies, pedicures (where they come to you) and maybe some really fab chocolate pudding cake with caramel drizzle and maple ice cream from Earl's! Keep us posted, but know that we all love and support you.

Love Natalie

Rachel Henri said...

Like Chiara, I'm not a mom, so no Mommy Advice here, but I am giving you all kinds of long-distance well-wishes, prayers, good karma, juju, love, reiki energy {insert anything else positive here}.

Cheryl Anne said...

Trish,
Please know how much we love you and miss you! I wish I were there to take you out for a cup of tea and to give you a BIG hug. Know that we are all here for you - and that we LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH!!
Keep in touch, get lots of rest, and try to be as positive and happy as only you can be. =) You are the one person that can bring a smile and laugh to everybody you met! Call me sometime - (250) 394-7799 or (250) 305-2832!! I'll send another post or email soon - we love you Trish!

Susan said...

Trish... I am just down the hill if you ever need anything. Just give me a call.

When I busted my knee and couldn't do anything for weeks I made personalize X-mas cards for my entire family. They loved them and it kept me entertained for weeks.

~Sue~