So 2009 started out a bit rough for me. I caught pneumonia and then it spread into septicemia and was in hospital for a week. 2 weeks later after finally coming off antibiotics I got an ear infection and was pretty much deaf in my left ear for a week and so more antibiotics! But on the good side I am all better now and I lost 5 pounds :)
School has been going well for me. I am in 9 courses and it is the last semester before I start my final ten month practicum. I was very lucky and got my first choice for the clinical placement, which was Lions Gate Hospital (this is where I was when I was sick).
Last week I had my reading break and made the long drive out to Calgary where I visited my cousin, his gf and dog (Napoleon) for a couple days. This dog was so cute but very mischievous. As soon as you weren't looking he would do something he shouldn't like eat your camera, laptop, clothes, shoes....anything he could find.
Next I ventured over to Lake Louise for a couple days to visit a friend that works at the ski resort. I managed to get in three great days of snowboarding. The weather thankfully warmed up to -5- -11 (better then the -30 the previous 4 days). I did however hurt my shoulder and need to go to physio for it. I dont think its anything to serious though.
I stayed in a hostel which was very nice. I managed to get a room to myself for 3 nights and on the fourth day i woke up to a guy moving in. Later that evening i went to get my jacket from the room and there he was sitting naked on the bed...very awkward. I also managed to get a stalker that same evening when I went to the bar. Thankfully I was with people and got the guy to leave me alone.
The drive was really nice although my windshield is pretty much destroyed. But the trip was lots of fun and a great break away from reality. Well that's it for now.....Bye!
3 comments:
Dude! I am totally disappointed that you didn't call me when you were in Calgary! I will give you shit in person at the retreat in May!
It sounds like you had a wonderful trip. The naked guy in your room will make a great story for years to come! LOL. See you at the Retreat in May. ~Suzy~
I am sorry I didn't call I was only there for a day and a half and visiting my cousin
Post a Comment