Saturday, May 23, 2009

2009 Alumnae Retreat in Victoria


The 2009 Retreat was a blast!!!! We all had a wonderful time and own Sam, Jamie and Dom a great deal of thanks for hosting the APB Alumnae Retreat in Victoria this year. It was so lovely to spend the Victoria long weekend in
Victoria. We had an amazing turn out!
Chiara, Nat.D, Susan, Gina, Danya, Nat.B, Keri &
Carrie all traveled to the Island to attend the Retreat.
We did so many fun things; it was an action packed weekend… We visited Butchart Gardens, strolled around Sidney and the beach, had a Dim Sum lunch, cruised china-town and the open market, spend the afternoon at the BC Museum and even found time to watch the Marching Bands perform in front of the Parliament buildings. As always the best part of the Retreat was just visiting with Sisters and catching up on each others lives.
It was really great to see Sisters meet who have never met before and watch how they connected, and by the end of the weekend these same Sisters were acting as if they have know each other for years.
Every time you turned around different Sisters were talking, walking together, and just sharing old and new stories about their lives and their Sorority experiences. These Retreats are always a great time and really help the Alumnae members to connect again and know that they have their Sisters support no mater what.

7 comments:

Natalie Mitchell said...

LOVE the blog post!! Thanks so much for posting some pics. I will post mine on facebook for all to see. Had a great time, as usual and look forward to next year in P-dot, G-dot! (A shout out to Jamie for her lovely acronyms!)

Nat B.

Amanda Frost said...

I so missed going to the retreat this year... thanks for the phone message you guys left me though... made me teary! I know I'll be at the next one since it's back in PG! Love you all :)

Gina said...

Great post Susan, I loved the pictures. It was such a great weekend, I'm so glad that I could go! I am super excited for the PG one next year too, can't wait to see all the ladies and hopefully meet a couple sisters that I haven't met before. I think that was my favorite part of the whole weekend, getting to meet the girls in person (as opposed to facebook and email addresses lol)and get to know them all better...such a great experience :) Thanks for the blog post Suzy!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss everyone already! I was so excited to meet everyone!! I must say though, for the few days afterwards I was talking like Carrie (?!? - at least, I think it was Carrie, or me just being a silly girl) And drove Aaron up the wall. hahahaha. See you in a year!

Susan said...

As usual the Retreat was great... I personally had a blast and am so thankful to the Delta girls for organizing such a lovely weekend. Making new memories and remembering old times is always my personal favorite part of any Retreat. You are all such great women, and I admire you each in different ways. Until next year in P.G., I will miss all of you who I can’t see on a regular basis. Keep in touch!

Carrie said...

anAre you calling me a silly girl Chiara?! I love that I now feel comfortable enough to joke around with a sister that up to a few years ago, I had never met. As always, attending the retreat just demonstrates what the sorority is all about for me. Chilling with amazing women. Catching up with old friends. Discovering new things about each other. Meeting new friends and having a lot of fun with them. Being a support system for each other. Another weekend making fabulous memories - to reminescence about next year! Love you all - thanks for making it such an amazing weekend! But next year, no more of this going to bed at 3am, I'm much too old for that! =)

Ms.Onciul-Omelus said...

Love the post! Some of the pictures though are askew!