Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Oct.30 - Online Meeting

Please comment and/or propose new ideas on any of the items discussed at the Oct.30 online meeting (see meeting minutes emailed out Nov.1st)

1. Improving Connection with the Active Group.

2. Changing dues deadline to beginning of August.

3. Should the PG Retreat be held May 2006 or May 2007?

4 comments:

Ms.Onciul-Omelus said...

1. Improving relations with Local Chapter - I too would like to exchange meeting minutes. I think it would prove to them that we have good intentions and prove to us that they are responsible girls. I too also want to keep the combined yearbook. I think a Blog between us will help. I was also thinking maybe we should invite them to our retreats? I mean our attendance is already low. Some girls have said they are only going to come to the PG ones anyways. I was also thinking that old Board members should email new Board members and say, "Hey I used to be ___ back in ___ if you want to vent or someone to listen to your ideas just give me an email."
2. Changing dues - well I suggested it so of course I think it is a good idea. It would allow us to give our donation to them before they even start their new year. It would also allow those who plan the Alumnae Info Rush event to know their budget.
3. My vote is for May 2007. This is my only selfish vote. I don't want you all having fun without me there. I will be in South Korea and it will be the only retreat I ever miss out on! This is totally unfair! Yes I know I'm being a baby but at least I'm an honest baby.

Natalie Mitchell said...

I vote for May 2006 as you are Beta and you are next on the list.

Cheryl Anne said...

1/. Improving relations - I agree with this, over that last couple of weeks I have met some of the new girls, and the ones from the last couple of years through Cheryl. I have really enjoyed meeting the girls, and since I am present at some of thier activities I have gotten to know them all. I think that it is just a different age for one, and that they really don't have the chance to meet with all of us and get to know us. Once they have gotten to know me, and listen to the stories that I tell about the girls from my years at UNBC, they are excited, and talk about how much they love the sorirty. As well, they are rather new at the sorority, and I think that a lot of thier views and perceptions will grow with time. I know alot of the girls were upset over the Thomas issue, but we stated what we did becuase we believe in the foundations of this sorority, and the foundations of sisterhood. Alot of us have spent a great deal of years loving and being part of this sorority, I know for me, it's been since 1999. I changed alot over the years. Don't worry, it will all come together.
2. Dues deadline
Sounds good, I will be the first to admit I suck at dues. I am working on it. Good work Carrie, we love you.
3. PG Retreat ~ I can't even see everyone in PG nearly enough as I should, and waiting till 2006 to see everyone makes me so sad! I miss everyone so very much.

Lisa said...

1. Relations: It's hard to relate to sisters we have never met. I do think an invite to the retreat would allow us to meet the active group, however it should be limited to one day, or one event and not the whole weekend. This will allow us to visit with each other (whom we see too little of), welcome and get to know the new alumnae of the past year and have a set time/place to meet and greet the active sorority members. Minute sharing is a great idea.

2. Dues: that's fine with me, however I am forgetful and do need a friendly email reminder from our dear treasurer.

3. Retreat: With a baby due March 22, I have doubts about my ability to attend the retreat...so I will abstain from this one.