A special place to share with your sorority sisters... let's remember what our bond of sisterhood is all about!
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Carrie's turn!
Finally another update from me! Well I've certainly been keeping myself busy. I've been teaching Montessori preschool for the morning class all year and that's going ok. The school has turned out to be not what I'm looking for but I sure have learned a lot! I took up some nannying in the afternoons to supplement income. Then I volunteered to be the youth group leader at my church and it's a bunch of overnight weekends until the end of the school year. Then my friend was in a bad car accident so I've taken over her afternoon class at another school (a school I totally love!). So I went from a nice leisurely working part-time to full-time plus craziness! Did I mention this has all been happening since I moved into my new place in February? I love my new place - it's awesome but always so much to do! We're still hoping to have a house warming but the date keeps getting pushed back. I haven't even loaded the pictures from my camera onto the computer yet but I'll try and post pictures another time. My good news is that I've just signed a contract for a different school to start in September. It's quite close to my house (a welcome change after the hour commute) and it will pretty much be my own classroom. It will be me as the main teacher and the owner will be my assistant 3 days a week and another girl 2 days a week. The good thing is that I'll be making the classroom what I want it to be. And it's a brand new school so brand new materials is always fun as well as shopping for cute little items for my school. I'm pretty excited about it and would be more so if I weren't so tired all the time! Looking forward to catching up with many of you at the retreat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's awesome Carrie! Looking forward to seeing you too and please bring pics of your new classroom so I can see! Have fun and don't spend too much money 'cause it certainly adds up fast!
xxxNatalie
Yay Carrie Your own Classroom!!! I'm so excited for you, I know your going to be the best ever! Miss you lots
Post a Comment