Tuesday, October 30, 2007

First Blog

Hi everyone I'm Chelsea Brekkaas. This is my first blog on this site, sorry it has taken so long. Most of you have never met me before, so a little background: I'm 23 and just finished up at UNBC this past May. I got my BA in Resource Based Tourism, now called Outdoor and Recreational Tourism Management. I live in Chetwynd, BC and work at the local Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Centre. My boyfriend Tyler and I have been together for almost five months now. It feels really wierd to be working and not in school. I really love my job, its fun and never boring.
I really like being a part of the sorority, even though I'm a little far away to participate much. I'm going to do my best in the alumnae, even from my faraway position. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully, once I get set up a little better, participate in more events and stuff. Anyways, I'll try and post more in the future. Bye for now!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Hey Chelsea, good to see you on here doing some posts. I have a few friends who convocated with the same degree and have done various things. Good to hear your job is going well.

I hear you on the weird transition from school to work but soon school will be such a distant memory and you'll almost miss it - until you hear of someone cramming for an exam or scampering to finish that paper and you'll sigh with relief that those days are over. Hope to meet you at the retreat in May!

APB Alumnae Coordinator said...

Hi Chelsea… Your Blog post is great. And it is wonderful to hear that you want to be really active in Alumnae even though you are in Chetwynd. It is always harder to keep in touch with girls when they don’t live in a major city or have other Alumnae members living close to them. Over the next year I would love to hear suggestions from you about how we can involve the Alumnae members who live in smaller cities more. We do have the Retreat each year, but other ideas are always helpful. It is great to hear that you love your job. I feel that is so important, many people never really find a job they love. You are lucky!