| We had a little get-together this past weekend to officially welcome home Jamie from Korea. Jamie and her husband Steve have been teaching in Korea for the past few years and we are thrilled to have her back home in the land of hockey and maple syrup. Susan hosted a spaghetti dinner at her house and she and her roommate Mel made enough pasta to feed an army! And apparently my peanut-butter chocolate smores bars rocked the house so I've added the recipe at the bottom! Enjoying the fine evening was Susan and her *fiance* Scott ;) Her roommate Mel; Jamie the guest of honour; Carrie and her hubby Shane; Laura and her little guy Adam; and myself, my hubby Curt and little miss Robyn. Funny enough there was not a camera in sight....how did that happen? So sorry ladies, no pictures to share. But rest assured we all looked fab, and a little rosy cheeked from the wine! ;) Glad to have you home Jamie, we've missed you terribly! -Sarah Peanut-butter Smores Bars graham crackers mini marshmallows 12 oz (2 c) semi-sweet chocolate 2/3 c corn syrup 3 tbspn marg 1/2 c crunchy peanut-butter 3 c rice krispies Coat 9X13 microwaveable safe dish w cooking spray Arrange graham crackers in a single layers over the bottom Sprinkle marshmallows over top Micro on HIGH for 1 min or until marshmallows are puffy ( you can also put in oven at 400 if dish does not fit in microwave) Remove and cool completely In micro safe mixing bowl combine chocolate, corn syrup and marg. Micro on HIGH 1 1/2 mins stirring every 30 seconds, or until fully melted Stir in peanut-butter and rice krispies Spread into dish with crackers and marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Cut into squares and serve. ** Jamie had an excellent idea to make these a little more "fancy", use white chocolate and substitute walnuts or pecans for the peanut-butter. MMMmmmm! |
A special place to share with your sorority sisters... let's remember what our bond of sisterhood is all about!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Vancouver Chapter event: Welcome home Jamie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I really miss getting together with the girls!! Calgary gets kind of lonely from time to time. I hope you gals realize how lucky you all are to have such a big and involved group to spend time with!! I miss you all and hope to see you in May.
Ladies... It was great having so many of you over this weekend! My door is always open for any of my Sorority sisters.
Thanks for pitching in for the potluck. I know Jamie and I were stuffed at the end of the night.
~Suzy~
So did you get any headway on the constitution or did the wine indulgence continue?
Great to see you Jamie, so good to have you home! Had a very fun night with all you ladies.
thx for posting the recipe! awesome idea!!!
welcome home jamie!!
xoxo
Chiara
That weekend was great! It was so nice to see everyone. Thanks for posting that recipe Sarah. I ate a square for breakfast and then later for a snack. I was hoping to save one for the ferry ride home but I ate them all.
Post a Comment