Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Life Right Now

Me...
Still working as a substitute teacher but next semester looks promising. There are at least 2 science teacher positions opening up, one of which is at College Heights (where I taught last year) with at least one course that I have experience teaching. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed because while the no marking or planning aspect of subbing is nice, it would be much better to have a steady income! Wedding plans are coming along as well... everything important is booked & we now need to attend to the "smaller" things. My dress should arrive in February so I'm very excited... especially to be able to wear one that fits me!

Nathan...
Is in his last semester of this B.A. degree & will convocate in May. He's currently volunteering in a Grade 5 classroom & will be starting his volunteering at the Art Gallery (student programs) later this month to get some knowledge of fine arts at that level. He hopes to enter the education program at UNBC in the fall & finish as an elementary teacher in a couple years.

Cyrus...
Is growing like a weed... I can't believe he's 8 months old already & that we've had him for half a year! He's still a hyper crazy little monster sometimes but I can't imagine life without him anymore. We begin puppy obedience level 2 with him next week. We taught him how to skateboard for this end of training trick for level 1 so we're trying to think of something cool to get him to do this time.

We're heading out to the cabin at Summit Lake this weekend & I want you to know that I'll be thinking of all of you that came out there that reading week so long ago! I should bring "Clue" back so we can play it at my place in May for old times sake :)

Amanda :)

1 comment:

Cheryl Anne said...

yay for nate!
tell him i am gradding too, finally, and we wil lhave to take a picture at convocation. the two last stragglers that we are!
talk to you soon
me